During March 19-21 2008, Kellogg students, a professor and a director from career center visited founders, early members, CEOs and/or managements from startups, incubators and venture capitals in Silicon Valley to hear some insight, mindset or real-world tips on entrepreneurial activities . I was one of the leaders of the trek this time too.
Firms we visited:
- Linden Lab (aka. Second Life, http://www.lindenlab.com/)
- Plug and Play (incubator, http://www.plugandplaytechcenter.com/)
- Globespan Capital Partners (venture capital, http://www.globespancapital.com/)
- WidgetBox (web 2.0 start up, http://www.widgetbox.com/)
- Vuze (Open Entertainment Platform startup, http://www.vuze.com/app)
- LinkedIn (Social Rolodex – middle stage startup, http://www.linkedin.com/)
- Ooyala (Video syndication and monetalization solution – startup, http://www.ooyala.com/)
- TerraPass (Clean Tech startup, http://www.terrapass.com/)
- Breathe Technologies (Healthcare startup, http://www.breathetechnologies.com/)
- Global Catalyst Partners (venture capital, http://www.gc-partners.com/)
- AdMob (mobile advertisement startup, http://www.admob.com/)
All the discussions have been so fruitful and I appreciate all the companies who kindly hosted our visit and spent time with us!